ISOVER has developed a range of high-performance products to offer excellent acoustic results.
To reduce sound transmission and acoustic disruptions through sound barriers.
Part 1: Wall Construction Specifications
The following spaces, if present, have interior partition walls that meet the Noise Isolation Class (NIC) described:
- Enclosed offices: minimum NIC of 35 when a sound masking system is present, or minimum NIC of 40 when no sound masking system is used.
- Conference rooms and teleconference rooms: minimum NIC of 53 on walls adjoining private offices, conference rooms or other teleconference rooms.
Part 2: Doorway Specifications
Doors connecting to private offices, conference rooms and teleconference rooms are constructed with at least one of the following:
- Nonhollow core.
Part 3: Wall Construction Methodology
All interior walls enclosing regularly occupied spaces are constructed for optimal performance by reducing air gaps and limiting sound transmission through the following:
- Properly sealing all acoustically rated partitions at the top and bottom tracks.
- Staggering all gypsum board seams.
- Packing and sealing all penetrations through the wall.
See detailed requirement for Sound barriers
Today’s world can be a noisy place. The sound environment in which we live, work and play is busy and often even disruptive. Good acoustics can make living indoors easier and more enjoyable, while there are health and well-being benefits for our bodies and minds too. In order to block out environmental noise a building envelope must be effectively sound insulated.
ISOVER provides a range of high-performance acoustic solutions, delivering high levels of acoustic insulation in partitions, party walls and floors. This range has been tested to ensure the highest possible decibel reduction, providing excellent acoustic comfort. It helps families to get the most out of their living spaces. Isover acoustic insulation allows sound reduction to be tailored to the requirements and lifestyle of the homeowner.
Discover other contributing solutions:
Walls & Partitions
See below how Gyspum Walls & Partitions by Gyproc can contribute to WELL new construction.
See below how Gypsum Ceilings by Gyproc can contribute to WELL new construction.