In line with our willingness for using eco-friendly building materials, ISOVER mineral wool products are safe to use and install.
To reduce or eliminate occupant exposure to lead, asbestos, and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) from building materials.
The feature’s requirements concern the following elements:
- Asbestos and Lead Restriction
- Lead Abatement
- Asbestos Abatement
- Polychlorinated Biphenyl Abatement
- Mercury Limitation
- Playground Equipment Safety
See detailed requirement for Fundamental material safety
ISOVER glass wool products do not and never did contain asbestos. They are also free from lead, polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) and mercury.
ISOVER glass wool fibres are not classified under any criteria of the European Regulation. They are exonerated from the carcinogenic classification; this exoneration is regularly checked and certified by the European Certification Board for mineral wool (EUCEB)3. All ISOVER glass wool products are EUCEB certified and RAL certified in the German market.
Under the European Union’s REACH4, ISOVER glass wool fibres are not a Substance of Very High Concern.
- Regulation EC n° 1272/2008 on the Classification, the Labelling and the Packaging (CLP) of hazardous substances and mixtures. Official Journal of the European Union L353, December 31st, 2008
- Glass wool fibres are exonerated from the carcinogenic classification if they fulfil requirements defined in the Note Q of the European Regulation EC n° 1272/2008. Exoneration criteria refer to the dimensions of the fibres but also to their chemical composition and their bio persistence.
- The Mineral Wool industry has initiated a voluntary independent certification scheme (EUCEB) ensuring that all certified products placed in the market are in conformity with all EU regulatory requirements, including bio-solubility. To ensure that fibres comply with the Note Q criteria, all tests and supervision procedures are conducted by independent and qualified experts and institutions.
- Regulation EC n° 1907/2006 concerning the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH). European official journal L396, December 30th, 2006.
The other product families such as stone wool, ultimate, wood fiber and foams are also free from asbestos, lead polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) and mercury.
Airtightness Systems and Moisture Management Systems
ISOVER Airtightness website is designed to provide a better understanding of the airtightness and moisture management concept and to...
Discover other contributing solutions:
See below how Floors by Gyproc can contribute to WELL new construction.
See below how electromic glass by SageGlass can contribute to WELL new construction.