When designing for optimal sound insulation, GYPROC products are efficient in creating sound barriers between areas where noise transmission and acoustic disruptions exist.
To reduce sound transmission and acoustic disruptions through sound barriers.
Part 1: Wall Construction Specifications
The following spaces, if present, have interior partition walls that meet the Noise Isolation Class (NIC) described:
- Enclosed offices: minimum NIC of 35 when a sound masking system is present, or minimum NIC of 40 when no sound masking system is used.
- Conference rooms and teleconference rooms: minimum NIC of 53 on walls adjoining private offices, conference rooms or other teleconference rooms.
Part 2: Doorway Specifications
Doors connecting to private offices, conference rooms and teleconference rooms are constructed with at least one of the following:
- Nonhollow core.
Part 3: Wall Construction Methodology
All interior walls enclosing regularly occupied spaces are constructed for optimal performance by reducing air gaps and limiting sound transmission through the following:
- Properly sealing all acoustically rated partitions at the top and bottom tracks.
- Staggering all gypsum board seams.
- Packing and sealing all penetrations through the wall.
See detailed requirement for Sound barriers
PART 1 & 3
GYPROC has a range of plasterboard solutions that provide sound insulation and acoustic absorption.
Our lightweight partitions can act as sound barriers between adjacent spaces within a building. Impact borne noise transmission between floors is reduced and sound absorption is improved as a result of our dry wall systems, allowing for better sound quality and optimal interior environment for gathering spaces such as conference rooms and learning environments
Sound insulating systems
Gyproc offers a full range of lightweight partition and wall systems. Reported benefits in studies carried out over double or multi-bed...
Discover other contributing solutions:
See below how Gypsum Ceilings by Gyproc can contribute to WELL new construction.
Walls & Partitions
See below how Gyspum Walls & Partitions by Gyproc can contribute to WELL new construction.