To facilitate a collaborative development process and ensure adherence to collective wellness goals.
Part 1: Stakeholder Charrette
Prior to the design and programming of the project, all stakeholders, including at a minimum the owner, architects, engineers and facilities management team, meet to:
- Perform a values assessment and alignment exercise within the team to inform any project goals as well as strategies to meet occupant expectations.
- Discuss the needs of the occupants, focusing on wellness.
- Set future meetings to stay focused on the project goals and to engage future stakeholders who join the process after the initial meeting, such as contractors and subcontractors.
Part 2: Development Plan
A written document detailing the building’s health-oriented mission is produced with the consent of all stakeholders, incorporating all of the following:
- Building site selection, taking into account public transportation.
- WELL concepts of air, water, nourishment, light, fitness, comfort and mind.
- Plans for implementation of the above analyses and decisions.
- Operations and maintenance plans for facility managers and building policy requirements related to wellness.
Part 3: Stakeholder Orientation
Upon construction completion, the designers, owners, managers and facilities staff must:
- Tour the building as a group.
- Discuss how building operations will support adherence to the WELL Building Standard.
See detailed requirement for Integrative Design
To reach the level of requirement both in terms of comfort and sustainability, it is essential to work together from the very beginning of a project, including with the construction product manufacturers. Saint-Gobain has dedicated teams that can join the project from the very outset and support you on the different steps of the project by offering advice and tools.
As part of our pledge to green building principles, Saint-Gobain Glass has also developed a Building Information Modeling (BIM) library to offer you the possibility to design and operate the building in the most efficient way possible.