Our glass solutions do not contain any halogenated flame retardants and phthalate, above 100 ppm.
To minimize the impact of hazardous building material chemicals on indoor air quality and protect the health of manufacturing and maintenance workers.
Part 1: Perfluorinated Compound Limitation
This compound is not present in the following condition: at levels equal to or greater than 100 ppm in components that constitute at least 5% by weight of a furniture or furnishing (drapes/curtains) assembly.
Part 2: Flame Retardant Limitation
Halogenated flame retardants are limited in the following components to 0.01% (100 ppm) to the extent allowable by local code:
- Window and waterproofing membranes, door and window frames and siding.
- Flooring, ceiling tiles and wall coverings.
- Piping and electrical cables, conduits and junction boxes.
- Sound and thermal insulation.
- Upholstered furniture and furnishings, textiles and fabrics.
Part 3: Phthalate (Plasticizers) Limitation
DEHP, DBP, BBP, DINP, DIDP or DNOP are limited in the following components to 0.01% (100 ppm):
- Flooring, including resilient and hard surface flooring and carpet.
- Wall coverings, window blinds and shades, shower curtains, furniture and upholstery.
- Plumbing pipes and moisture barriers.
Part 4: Isocyanate-Based Polyurethane Limitation
Products based on this element are not used in Interior finishes.
Part 5: Urea-Formaldehyde Restriction
Urea-formaldehyde presence is limited in the following components to 100 ppm:
- Furniture or any composite wood products.
- Laminating adhesives and resins.
- Thermal insulation.
See detailed requirement for Toxic Material Reduction
Toxic material reduction for windows and glass solutions concerns flame retardants (part 2) and phthalates (part 3).
Saint-Gobain Glass solutions, derived from sustainable materials, do not contain any halogenated flame retardants and phthalate above 100 ppm.
Discover other contributing solutions:
See below how Gypsum Ceilings by Gyproc can contribute to WELL new construction.
See below how Insulations solutions by ISOVER can contribute to WELL new construction.