Saint-Gobain is recognized as one of the Top 100 Global Innovators and developing innovative solutions to improve comfort and well-being is at the heart of its strategy. Globally, we employ 3,700 R&D and building-science specialists. In addition, we have implemented a stringent environmental program through our eco-innovation policy, to develop solutions from sustainable materials that have a lower environmental impact on buildings and that optimize energy efficiency over their entire life cycle.
To promote the continuous evolution of the Standard by enabling projects to propose a new feature that addresses health and wellness in a novel way.
Part 1: Innovation Proposal
The feature meets one of the following requirements:
- Describes how a feature normally not applicable to this project type is relevant to this project.
- Relates to the wellness concept in a novel way that is not already covered in the WELL Building Standard.
Part 2: Innovation Support
The feature is supported by the following:
- The feature is fully substantiated by existing scientific, medical and industry research, and is consistent with applicable laws and regulations and leading practices in building design and management.
See detailed requirement for Innovation feature I
Here are a few examples of Saint-Gobain’s innovations to improve comfort and sustainability in buildings from the last two years:
- ECLAZ, the latest generation of Saint-Gobain’s low-emissivity glazing, is perfect for double and triple glazing in mild and cold climates. This solution allows the highest requirements in terms of energy efficiency to be met without any compromise;
- COOL-LITE XTREME 70/33, the latest innovation in high performance solar control coatings combines a high light transmission to maximize daylight and a low solar factor to reduce a building’s cooling loads;
- STADIPBUILDER offers new possibilities for architectural design thanks to its structural or extra strong interlayer. With this solution, it is now possible to use glass everywhere as a construction product, providing more transparency in habitats without any risk; and
- When it comes to bird collision deterrence, 4BIRD is a bird-friendly solution with special design and patterns that offers a highly effective solution for the prevention of bird impacts on glass surfaces.
Saint-Gobain is also innovating in terms of services, with its e-commerce platform “Glassolutions” and various digital apps such as the “Glass Pro” app that allows virtual rendering of some Saint-Gobain glass products to be done for facades on a standard building. Going one step further, the new on demand service, “Glass Pro Live”, enables architects to visualize and compare all Saint-Gobain products on high definition 3D synthesis images called “physico-realistic”.
COOL-LITE XTREME 70/33
An extremely high selectivity solar control coating featuring advanced thermal properties to ensure both daylight and thermal comfort.
New generation of Saint-Gobain low-E (low emissivity) glass which combines aesthetic, thermal insulation, solar gains and natural light.
A unique and neutral anti-condensation solution to avoid external water condensation maximizing entry of natural daylight.
a laminated glass with enhanced strength that can be used as a construction product.
An e-commerce platform to configure and order made-to-measure products, with instant costing, delivery scheduling, and track your orders.
Choose your glazing thanks to an app which stimulates a realistic image of different glazing products on the facades of a building.
Discover other contributing solutions:
See below how Floors by Gyproc can contribute to WELL new construction.
See below how Gypsum Ceilings by Gyproc can contribute to WELL new construction.