For each project, the SageGlass team engages with all stakeholders from the earliest stages, promoting wellness and focusing on the needs of the occupants.
To facilitate a collaborative development process and ensure adherence to collective wellness goals.
Part 1: Stakeholder Charrette
Prior to the design and programming of the project, all stakeholders, including at a minimum the owner, architects, engineers and facilities management team, meet to:
- Perform a values assessment and alignment exercise within the team to inform any project goals as well as strategies to meet occupant expectations.
- Discuss the needs of the occupants, focusing on wellness.
- Set future meetings to stay focused on the project goals and to engage future stakeholders who join the process after the initial meeting, such as contractors and subcontractors.
Part 2: Development Plan
A written document detailing the building’s health-oriented mission is produced with the consent of all stakeholders, incorporating all of the following:
- Building site selection, taking into account public transportation.
- WELL concepts of air, water, nourishment, light, fitness, comfort and mind.
- Plans for implementation of the above analyses and decisions.
- Operations and maintenance plans for facility managers and building policy requirements related to wellness.
Part 3: Stakeholder Orientation
Upon construction completion, the designers, owners, managers and facilities staff must:
- Tour the building as a group.
- Discuss how building operations will support adherence to the WELL Building Standard.
See detailed requirement for Integrative Design
Sageglass puts the comfort and the human experience at the core. Still, SageGlass remains a part of a whole design strategy aiming at bringing comfort to the occupants, and its integration thus needs to be thought as early as possible in the project life. For each project, the SageGlass team engages with all stakeholders from the earliest stages, promoting wellness and focusing on the needs of the occupants.
SageGlass also has BIM objects to help streamline this integrative design process.
Saint-Gobain’s BIM platform offers free information and files for our range of products solutions.