Research and innovation is at the heart of Saint-Gobain’s strategy; in 2017, the Group was ranked among the top 100 global innovators for the sixth consecutive year. Furthermore, thanks to our eco-innovation policy, Saint-Gobain is working on developing innovative glazing solutions from sustainable materials that help in reducing the environmental impact of buildings and infrastructures over their whole life cycle, while improving occupants’ well-being and optimizing energy efficiency.
To promote the continuous evolution of the Standard by enabling projects to propose a new feature that addresses health and wellness in a novel way.
Part 1: Innovation Proposal
The feature meets one of the following requirements:
- Describes how a feature normally not applicable to this project type is relevant to this project.
- Relates to the wellness concept in a novel way that is not already covered in the WELL Building Standard.
Part 2: Innovation Support
The feature is supported by the following:
- The feature is fully substantiated by existing scientific, medical and industry research, and is consistent with applicable laws and regulations and leading practices in building design and management.
See detailed requirement for Innovation feature I
Saint-Gobain’s commitment to developing eco-innovative solutions that enhance users’ health and wellness can be seen in the market success of solutions such as:
- MIRALITE PURE: a mirror that combines an unparalleled level of quality with a unique environmental performance thanks to its water-based protective paint and a composition with no added lead. This technical breakthrough makes for better working conditions, protects well-being and health, and delivers an almost undetectable volatile organic compound (VOC) rate.
- Digital printing on glass: traditional glazed products can now incorporate the high quality printing of logos, signs, images and designs (PICTUREit, VIEWGLASS, My DecoPrint and Crea-Lite).
Our glazing can also be an asset in achieving WELL credits through its:
- Ergonomics strategy: to promote healthy, comfortable, and productive work by designing the workplace to accommodate its users. Through its transparency, glass, used as a partition, brings comfort, productivity and well-being to occupants.
- Environmentally preferable interior finishes and furnishings: as mirrors (MIRALITE PURE) or lacquered glass (PLANILAQUE COLOR-IT), glass can be used in furniture and contributes to its environmental friendliness thanks to our eco-innovation process, based on the Life Cycle Assessment of our products.
Saint-Gobain is also innovating in terms of services with its e-commerce platform “Glassolutions”, where users can choose their glazing solutions from a mobile phone, tablet or computer. It makes it possible for them to configure and order customized products online by instantly obtaining a price and delivery date and tracking their orders.
CLIP-IN SILENCE DOORS
A removable sound-proof glass door system using the STADIP SILENCE acoustic laminated glass.
High durability lacquered glass with an opaque and tinted appearance, to bring color and ambiance to interiors.
High definition digital printing (designs, photographs, text, etc.) on all types of glass.
Choose your glazing thanks to an app which stimulates a realistic image of different glazing products on the facades of a building.
Discover other contributing solutions:
See below how Floors by Gyproc can contribute to WELL new construction.
Glass Facade & Windows
See below how Saint-Gobain Glass for Facade and Windows can contribute to WELL V1.