Ecophon products do not contain any perfluorinated compounds (PFCs) or isocyanate-based polyurethane products, and consequently meet the requirements in Part 1 and Part 4 of the Toxic Material Reduction feature.
To minimize the impact of hazardous building material chemicals on indoor air quality and protect the health of manufacturing and maintenance workers.
Part 1: Perfluorinated Compound Limitation
This compound is not present in the following condition: at levels equal to or greater than 100 ppm in components that constitute at least 5% by weight of a furniture or furnishing (drapes/curtains) assembly.
Part 2: Flame Retardant Limitation
Halogenated flame retardants are limited in the following components to 0.01% (100 ppm) to the extent allowable by local code:
- Window and waterproofing membranes, door and window frames and siding.
- Flooring, ceiling tiles and wall coverings.
- Piping and electrical cables, conduits and junction boxes.
- Sound and thermal insulation.
- Upholstered furniture and furnishings, textiles and fabrics.
Part 3: Phthalate (Plasticizers) Limitation
DEHP, DBP, BBP, DINP, DIDP or DNOP are limited in the following components to 0.01% (100 ppm):
- Flooring, including resilient and hard surface flooring and carpet.
- Wall coverings, window blinds and shades, shower curtains, furniture and upholstery.
- Plumbing pipes and moisture barriers.
Part 4: Isocyanate-Based Polyurethane Limitation
Products based on this element are not used in Interior finishes.
Part 5: Urea-Formaldehyde Restriction
Urea-formaldehyde presence is limited in the following components to 100 ppm:
- Furniture or any composite wood products.
- Laminating adhesives and resins.
- Thermal insulation.
See detailed requirement for Toxic Material Reduction
Environmental sustainability is at the heart of our business. In 2010 we succeeded in creating a new type of glass wool that combines a plant-based binder, a very high content of recycled glass (>70%) and minimal CO2 emissions.
We call it 3rd generation glass wool and it is used in all our sound absorbers. Thanks to the plant-based binder, emissions of chemicals such as VOCs and formaldehyde are extremely low. Our products do not contain any perfluorinated compounds (PFCs) or isocyanate-based polyurethane products. This means they meet the requirements in Part 1 and Part 4 of the Toxic Material Reduction feature.
Discover other contributing solutions:
See below how Insulations solutions by ISOVER can contribute to WELL new construction.
Glass Facade & Windows
See below how Saint-Gobain Glass for Facade and Windows can contribute to WELL V1.