See below how Gypsum Ceilings by Gyproc can contribute to LEED criteria: Innovation
Eco-Innovation is core to Saint-Gobain’s strategy in developing innovative products and solutions for increasing customer’s benefits and a reduced environmental impact, and promoting sustainable materials.
To encourage projects to achieve outstanding or innovative levels or performance.
Project team can use any combination of:
- Innovation: by achieving significant, measurable environmental performance using a strategy not addresses in the LEED rating system.
- Pilot: By achieving one pilot credit from USGBC’s LEED Pilot credit library
- And exemplary performances strategies: an exemplary performance point is typically earned for achieving double the credit requirements or the next incremental percentage threshold.
Read the detailed requirement for Innovation
Option 1. Innovation
- Saint-Gobain has developed an eco-innovation policy to develop innovative products and solutions that help reduce the environmental impacts of buildings and infrastructures over their whole life cycle.
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) : Activ’Air®/ AirRenew® technology
Our innovative products can help improve indoor air quality with air purifying technology. Activ’Air®/ AirRenew® gypsum boards and ceiling tiles offer the possibility to negate health problems associated with being exposed to pollutants such as formaldehyde and other volatile organic compounds (VOCs) present within enclosed spaces. Activ’Air®/ AirRenew® patented technology takes the VOCs and converts them into safe, inert compounds that, once captured in the product, cannot be released back into the air. It reduces VOCs by 70% of the formaldehyde already present in the indoor air when 1m² of Activ’Air®/ AirRenew® is installed per 1m3 volume of the room.
Option 2: Pilot Credits from USGBC’s LEED Pilot Credit Library 10
GYPROC products may be of help in acquiring the following LEED Pilot Credits:
- Design for adaptability (Home)
Saint-Gobain Gyproc lightweight ceiling and wall partition solutions are easy to handle and install, and allow for easy redefining of rooms and floor plans with minimal renovation and material waste.
- Acoustic comfort
Requirements: provide acoustic comfort by minimising intruding noise into and within buildings.
Our performance boards and ceiling solutions can provide better noise reduction. As with all constructions, it is vitally important that joints around wall perimeters are sealed with Gyproc Sealant, and that surrounding or adjoining walls are also upgraded to prevent sound transferring through weak areas of the construction. Additionally, our acoustic studs allow a high level of sound insulation to be achieved while using minimum floor area, thus maximising available room areas.
- Green training for contractors, traders, operators and service workers
Requirement: employ contractors, subcontractors, and building traders who are certificate holders under a qualified green building training programme prior to the commencement of the work of the individual’s part on the project.
- Material ingredients product manufacturer supply chain optimisation
Requirement: manufacturers engage in validated and robust safety, health, hazard, and risk programmes.
- Social equity within the supply chain:
Requirement: this credit addresses social equity for those involved in the production of materials and products used in the project, including the stages of raw material extraction, processing, manufacturing, and assembly of final components and products
Full BBA certification on weather protection; its Gypsum core contains special additives for moisture and mould resistance.
Habito Activ'Air boards improve indoor air quality by eliminating the indoor circulation of formaldehyde.
Innovative Ceiling solutions
Decorative and acoustic plasterboard solutions improving indoor air quality with exclusive Activ’Air technology.
Discover other contributing solutions:
See below how Floors by Gyproc can contribute to LEED V4.0 BD+C new construction.
Fire resistant & High Security Glass
See below how Fire resistant & High Security Glass by Vetrotech can contribute to LEED V4.0 BD+C new construction.