See below how Gypsum Ceilings by Gyproc can contribute to LEED criteria: Construction and demolition waste management
Thanks to our focus on sustainable construction, GYPROC offers recycling services in over 14 countries, diverting waste from landfills. A certificate can be provided indicating the amount of waste sent for recycling.
To reduce construction and demolition waste disposed of in landfills and incineration facilities by recovering, reusing, and recycling materials.
The project has to recycle and/or salvage non-hazardous construction and demolition materials, with the following options:
Option 1: diversion of the construction and demolition material (50 or 75%);
Option 2: reduction of total waste material (no more than 12.2kg of waste per m2).
Read the detailed requirement for Construction and Demolition Waste Management
Gypsum is fully and infinitely recyclable, as well as almost 100% of the paper in our plasterboards, Saint Gobain is committed to reducing waste material as well as diverting any construction and demolition material away from landfills.
- Plasterboard are easy to dismantle and move, the solutions are designed for deconstruction and are highly separable from the structure, therefore increasing the chances of them being channeled into dedicated recyclable streams.
- Containers and large bags are a few of the tailored solutions provided to contractors in construction and deconstruction job sites to recycle gypsum waste.
- Saint-Gobain is building partnerships with stakeholders to recycle plaster and plasterboards demolition waste at end of life. New recycling projects have been launched in many countries in Europe and are being more and more developed in other parts of the world.
- An aim to achieve 25% recycled content for our products.
- Construction waste is eliminated by offering custom sized plasterboards and cut-off solutions during the installation stage.
- Also, all our metal profiles are recyclable using an established recycling process.
From initial design to on-site testing, through to manufacturing and installation, we believe that effective waste management is key.
Discover other contributing solutions:
Gypsum Walls & Partitions
See below how Gypsum Walls & Partitions by Gyproc can contribute to LEED V4.0 BD+C new construction.
See below how Insulation solutions by ISOVER can contribute to LEED V4.0 BD+C new construction.