See below how Gypsum Ceilings by Gyproc can contribute to LEED criteria: Sourcing of raw materials
To encourage the use of products and materials for which life cycle information is available and that have environmentally, economically, and socially preferable life cycle impacts. To reward project teams for selecting products verified to have been extracted or sourced in a responsible manner.
Option 1. Raw material source and extraction reporting (1 point)
The project has to use at least 20 different permanently installed products from at least five different manufacturers that have publicly released a report from their raw material suppliers which include all details regarding their responsible extraction policy.
Third-party verified corporate sustainability reports (CSR) which include environmental impacts of extraction operations and activities associated with the manufacturer’s product and the product’s supply chain, are valued as one whole product for credit achievement calculation if they follow an acceptable framework, such as the GRI (Global Reporting Initiative).
Option 2. Leadership extraction practices (1 point)
LEED values products that meet the following extraction criteria: extended producer responsibility, bio-based materials, certified wood products, materials reuse and recycled content. As in LEED V3, Recycled content=postconsumer recycled content+1/2*preconsumer recycled content.
Products sourced (extracted, manufactured, purchased) within 160km of the project site are evaluated at 200% of their base contributing cost.
Read the detailed requirement for Sourcing of Raw Materials.
Our contributions towards postconsumer recycling services spans more than 15 countries.
- GYPROC publishing an annual Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report based on Global Reporting Initiative (GRI ) framework, rated A+ for high transparency, detailing our environmental policy and supply chain aspects.
- By increasing recycled content in our products, Gyproc is reducing the volume of virgin raw materials.
- In Europe, our plasterboards are provided with 97.4- 100% recycled paper, or Forest Stewardhip Council (FSC) labeled material derived from sustainably managed forests in Europe.
- We minimize the impact on local biodiversity, for example, in the restoration of quarries, visual impact, dust, noise and traffic effects on local communities and the surrounding environment.
- We have signed the Caring for Climate Statement and CEO Water Mandate for Water Resource Protection under the UN Global Compact initiative.
- We promote our Timber Policy for using timber harvested in responsibly managed concessions in order to preserve natural resources. Our wood frame solutions are FSC or Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) certified.
Discover other contributing solutions:
See below how Acoustic ceilings by Eurocoustic can contribute to LEED V4.0 BD+C new construction.
See below how Insulation solutions by ISOVER can contribute to LEED V4.0 BD+C new construction.