See below how Glass façade & windows by Saint-Gobain can contribute to LEED V4.0 criteria: Innovation.
Research and innovation is at the heart of Saint-Gobain’s strategy; in 2017, the Group was ranked among the top 100 global innovators for the sixth consecutive year. Thanks to its eco-innovation policy and devotion to eco-friendly building materials, Saint-Gobain is working on developing innovative glazing solutions that help reduce the environmental impact of buildings and infrastructure over their whole life cycle, while improving occupants’ well-being.
To encourage projects to achieve outstanding or innovative levels or performance.
Project team can use any combination of:
- Innovation: by achieving significant, measurable environmental performance using a strategy not addresses in the LEED rating system.
- Pilot: By achieving one pilot credit from USGBC’s LEED Pilot credit library
- And exemplary performances strategies: an exemplary performance point is typically earned for achieving double the credit requirements or the next incremental percentage threshold.
Read the detailed requirement for Innovation
At Saint-Gobain, we encourage the development of eco-innovative products and solutions in the Group’s innovation portfolio. In the last two years, Saint-Gobain has developed innovations to improve comfort and sustainability in buildings, such as ECLAZ, the new generation of low-e glass and COOL-LITE XTREME 70/33, the latest innovation in high performance solar control coatings.
Our glazing can also be an asset for LEED pilot credits such as:
- Ergonomics strategy: to promote healthy, comfortable, and productive work by designing the workplace to accommodate its users. Through its transparency, glass, used externally, brings comfort, productivity and well-being to occupants.
- Bird collision deterrence: to reduce bird injury and mortality from in-flight collisions with buildings. Thanks to specially designed patterns and colors, our 4BIRD glazing makes facades visible for birds. A discreet but effective, permanent and bird-friendly solution.
Among service innovations, we have recently launched the “Glassolutions” e-commerce platform, where users can configure and order made-to-measure products, with instant costing, delivery scheduling, and order tracking. This solution works on improving the customer quality experience and efficiently optimizing work.
Also, to better meet architects’ needs, Saint-Gobain has launched the “Glass Pro” app, which stimulates a realistic image of different glazing products on the facades of a building. Going one step further, Saint-Gobain offers a new, on demand service of facade rendering, enabling customers to visualize and compare all Saint-Gobain glazing products on high definition images called “physico-realistic”.
COOL-LITE XTREME 70/33
An extremely high selectivity solar control coating featuring advanced thermal properties to ensure both daylight and thermal comfort.
New generation of Saint-Gobain low-E (low emissivity) glass which combines aesthetic, thermal insulation, solar gains and natural light.
A unique and neutral anti-condensation solution to avoid external water condensation maximizing entry of natural daylight.
An e-commerce platform to configure and order made-to-measure products, with instant costing, delivery scheduling, and track your orders.
Choose your glazing thanks to an app which stimulates a realistic image of different glazing products on the facades of a building.
Discover other contributing solutions:
Saint-Gobain AFORS is a major asset for sustainable habitat. See below how AFORS can contribute to LEED V4.0 BD+C new construction.
See below how Ceilings by Gypsum can contribute to LEED V4.0 BD+C new construction.