See below how Glass façade & windows by Saint-Gobain can contribute to LEED V4.0 criteria: Innovation.
Research and innovation is at the heart of Saint-Gobain’s strategy; in 2017, the Group was ranked among the top 100 global innovators for the sixth consecutive year. Thanks to its eco-innovation policy and devotion to eco-friendly building materials, Saint-Gobain is working on developing innovative glazing solutions that help reduce the environmental impact of buildings and infrastructure over their whole life cycle, while improving occupants’ well-being.
To encourage projects to achieve outstanding or innovative levels or performance.
Project team can use any combination of:
- Innovation: by achieving significant, measurable environmental performance using a strategy not addresses in the LEED rating system.
- Pilot: By achieving one pilot credit from USGBC’s LEED Pilot credit library
- And exemplary performances strategies: an exemplary performance point is typically earned for achieving double the credit requirements or the next incremental percentage threshold.
Read the detailed requirement for Innovation
At Saint-Gobain, we encourage the development of eco-innovative products and solutions in the Group’s innovation portfolio. In the last two years, Saint-Gobain has developed innovations to improve comfort and sustainability in buildings, such as ECLAZ, the new generation of low-e glass and COOL-LITE XTREME 70/33, the latest innovation in high performance solar control coatings.
Our glazing can also be an asset for LEED pilot credits such as:
- Ergonomics strategy: to promote healthy, comfortable, and productive work by designing the workplace to accommodate its users. Through its transparency, glass, used externally, brings comfort, productivity and well-being to occupants.
- Bird collision deterrence: to reduce bird injury and mortality from in-flight collisions with buildings. Thanks to specially designed patterns and colors, our 4BIRD glazing makes facades visible for birds. A discreet but effective, permanent and bird-friendly solution.
Among service innovations, we have recently launched the “Glassolutions” e-commerce platform, where users can configure and order made-to-measure products, with instant costing, delivery scheduling, and order tracking. This solution works on improving the customer quality experience and efficiently optimizing work.
Also, to better meet architects’ needs, Saint-Gobain has launched the “Glass Pro” app, which stimulates a realistic image of different glazing products on the facades of a building. Going one step further, Saint-Gobain offers a new, on demand service of facade rendering, enabling customers to visualize and compare all Saint-Gobain glazing products on high definition images called “physico-realistic”.
COOL-LITE XTREME 70/33
An extremely high selectivity solar control coating featuring advanced thermal properties to ensure both daylight and thermal comfort.
New generation of Saint-Gobain low-E (low emissivity) glass which combines aesthetic, thermal insulation, solar gains and natural light.
A unique and neutral anti-condensation solution to avoid external water condensation maximizing entry of natural daylight.
An e-commerce platform to configure and order made-to-measure products, with instant costing, delivery scheduling, and track your orders.
Choose your glazing thanks to an app which stimulates a realistic image of different glazing products on the facades of a building.
Discover other contributing solutions:
Design glass solutions
See below how Design Glass Solutions by Saint Gobain can contribute to LEED new construction.
See below how Insulation solutions by ISOVER can contribute to LEED V4.0 BD+C new construction.