See below how Glass facade and windows by Saint-Gobain can contribute to LEED criteria: Acoustic performance.
Saint-Gobain Glass offers a range of solutions, born of sustainable materials, that provide excellent levels of sound insulation by reducing external noise by up to 50 dB.
To provide workspace that promotes occupant’s well-being, productivity, and communication through effective acoustic design.
For all occupied spaces, the project has to meet specific requirements for:
- Heating, ventilating and airconditioning (HVAC) background noise
- Sound isolation
- Reverberation time
- Sound reinforcement and masking
Read the detailed requirement for Acoustic Performance
For acoustic performance, we need to consider the glass-weighted noise reduction (Rw) that is the acoustic rating of the glazing. Saint-Gobain’s high-performance acoustic glazing can bring a lot of comfort by reducing this exterior noise by up to 50 dB (Rw).
To improve the acoustic performance of the glass, there are several options such as having:
- Thicker glass to increase the acoustic performance;
- Different thicknesses for the two panels of a double glazing unit; and
- A single pane and a special laminated glass made of two sheets of glass bonded together with a plastic sheet specifically designed to enhance sound insulation.
The glazing solution has to be integrated into a good quality, airtight frame as noise can spread through any available air passage.
This acoustic simulator allows you to easily determine the best performing glazing for your windows according to your exterior environment.
Discover other contributing solutions:
Fire resistant & High Security Glass
See below how Fire resistant & High Security Glass by Vetrotech can contribute to LEED V4.0 BD+C new construction.
Design glass solutions
See below how Design Glass Solutions by Saint Gobain can contribute to LEED new construction.