See below how Design glass solutions by Saint-Gobain can contribute to LEED V4.0 criteria: Innovation.
Saint-Gobain Glass offers a complete range of high performance glazing solutions meeting the highest standards in terms of acoustic comfort, design and safety. In line with its green building drive, the Group is also working on developing innovative glazing solutions with a lower environmental footprint.
To encourage projects to achieve outstanding or innovative levels or performance.
Project team can use any combination of:
- Innovation: by achieving significant, measurable environmental performance using a strategy not addresses in the LEED rating system.
- Pilot: By achieving one pilot credit from USGBC’s LEED Pilot credit library
- And exemplary performances strategies: an exemplary performance point is typically earned for achieving double the credit requirements or the next incremental percentage threshold.
Read the detailed requirement for Innovation
Saint-Gobain encourages sustainable construction and develops innovative solutions for new and renovated buildings that are energy efficient, comfortable and healthy while at the same time protecting natural resources. This is the objective of the Group’s eco-innovation policy, which is supported by tools and a series of training courses. With eco-innovation, our marketing and R&D teams take environmental impacts into account as they create the solutions of tomorrow.
Our glazing can also be an asset for LEED pilot credits such as:
- Ergonomics strategy: to promote healthy, comfortable, and productive work by designing the workplace to accommodate its users. Thanks to its transparency, glass, used as a partition, brings comfort, productivity and well-being to occupants.
- Environmentally preferable interior finishes and furnishings. as mirror (MIRALITE PURE) or lacquered glass (PLANILAQUE COLOR-IT/MY PLANILAQUE), glass can be used in furniture and can contribute to its environmental friendliness.
Visualize translucent glass in real-time and with a realistic aesthetic.
Discover other contributing solutions:
Glass Facade & Windows
See below how Saint-Gobain Glass can contribute to LEED V4.0 BD+C new construction.
Saint-Gobain AFORS is a major asset for sustainable habitat. See below how AFORS can contribute to LEED V4.0 BD+C new construction.