See below how Design glass solutions by Saint-Gobain can contribute to LEED V4.0 criteria: Innovation.
Saint-Gobain Glass offers a complete range of high performance glazing solutions meeting the highest standards in terms of acoustic comfort, design and safety. In line with its green building drive, the Group is also working on developing innovative glazing solutions with a lower environmental footprint.
To encourage projects to achieve outstanding or innovative levels or performance.
Project team can use any combination of:
- Innovation: by achieving significant, measurable environmental performance using a strategy not addresses in the LEED rating system.
- Pilot: By achieving one pilot credit from USGBC’s LEED Pilot credit library
- And exemplary performances strategies: an exemplary performance point is typically earned for achieving double the credit requirements or the next incremental percentage threshold.
Read the detailed requirement for Innovation
Saint-Gobain encourages sustainable construction and develops innovative solutions for new and renovated buildings that are energy efficient, comfortable and healthy while at the same time protecting natural resources. This is the objective of the Group’s eco-innovation policy, which is supported by tools and a series of training courses. With eco-innovation, our marketing and R&D teams take environmental impacts into account as they create the solutions of tomorrow.
Our glazing can also be an asset for LEED pilot credits such as:
- Ergonomics strategy: to promote healthy, comfortable, and productive work by designing the workplace to accommodate its users. Thanks to its transparency, glass, used as a partition, brings comfort, productivity and well-being to occupants.
- Environmentally preferable interior finishes and furnishings. As mirrors (MIRALITE REVOLUTION and MIRALITE PURE) or lacquered glass (PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION/DECOLAQUE), glass can be used in furniture and can contribute to its environmental friendliness.
COOL-LITE XTREME 70/33
An extremely high selectivity solar control coating featuring advanced thermal properties to ensure both daylight and thermal comfort.
New generation of Saint-Gobain low-E (low emissivity) glass which combines aesthetic, thermal insulation, solar gains and natural light.
A unique and neutral anti-condensation solution to avoid external water condensation maximizing entry of natural daylight.
An e-commerce platform to configure and order made-to-measure products, with instant costing, delivery scheduling, and track your orders.
Choose your glazing thanks to an app which stimulates a realistic image of different glazing products on the facades of a building.
Discover other contributing solutions:
Gypsum Walls & Partitions
See below how Gypsum Walls & Partitions by Gyproc can contribute to LEED V4.0 BD+C new construction.
Acoustic ceilings & Wall panels
See below how Acoustic panels by Ecophon can contribute to LEED V4.0 BD+C new construction.