Gypsum Floors by Gyproc
See below how Floors by Gyproc can contribute to BREEAM criteria: Responsible sourcing of construction products
The number of points is given for only information purpose. Saint-Gobain, in anyway, shall not guarantee or not be held liable for non-fulfillment of the certification which includes a broader package than constructions products employed for the targeted building.
To recognise and encourage the specification and procurement of responsibly sourced construction products.
Materials sourced in accordance with a sustainable procurement plan (by the end of concept design stage). Key building materials are responsibly sourced to reduce environmental and socio-economic impacts. The number of credit is based on the percentage of available Responsible sourcing points achieved:
Learn more about Responsible Sourcing of Construction Products
- Saint Gobain prioritizes the implementation of strong Environmental Management Systems. (ISO 14001) or EMAS certifications for our Gypsum sites and recycling processes as effective ways of ensuring a commitment to continuously reducing and preventing pollution, and to promoting the use of eco-friendly building materials. Our contributions towards post-consumer recycling services span more than 15 countries.
- GYPROC plasterboards have 97.4% - 100% recycled paper and are Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) labeled.
- We aim to minimize the impact on local biodiversity, by restoring quarries, reducing visual impacts, dust and noise pollution and the consequences of traffic on the local surroundings and communities.
- BES 6001, an independently audited standard from Building Research Establishment (BRE), assesses the responsible sourcing of Saint-Gobain’s construction products, providing our customers with the assurance that materials are sourced responsibly and sustainably.
- Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Report, rated A+ for transparency and based on Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) framework, is published annually, specifying our environmental and supply chain processes.
- Saint-Gobain’s Timber Policy specifies the use of timber derived from sustainably managed forests in Europe in order to preserve natural resources. Wood frame solutions are FSC or Programme for Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) certified.
- We have signed the Caring for Climate statement and CEO Water Mandate for Water Resource Protection under the UN Global Compact initiative.