SageGlass dynamic glass is a key contributor to “Innovation” criterion because it is the result of 25 years of research and development and it is protected by more than 500 patents.
SageGlass is the result of 25 years of innovative research in dynamic glass using thin layers, taking energy efficiency and green building principles into account. Protected by more than 500 international patents, this dynamic glass uses a unique technology to create the ideal amount of natural light in a building and to reduce the amount of energy
consumed for air conditioning, heating and lighting.
To support innovation within the construction industry through the recognition of sustainability related benefits which are not rewarded by standard BREEAM issues.
There are two ways to benefit from the Innovation credits: either by meeting the exemplary level of building performance defined for one or more of the BREEAM issues such as Hea 02 Indoor Air Quality or Wst 01 construction waste management. Or by using an “approved innovation”: any technology, method or process that can be shown to improve the sustainability performance of a building’s design, construction, operation, maintenance or demolition, and which is approved as innovative by BRE Global.
Learn more about Innovation
SageGlass is a key asset in achieving an exemplary level of performance in terms of:
- Reduced environmental footprint, thanks to reduced energy needs, resulting in smaller HVAC systems required and lower equipment power usage;
- Reduced cleaning and maintenance due to the absence of a shading system and moving part constituting the SageGlass system;
- Decreased damage to interior materials (carpets, wall coverings, valuable artwork, etc.) and associated lower replacement frequency, due to the fact that SageGlass blocks 98% of the solar radiation that causes fading; and
- Improved well-being and comfort brought to building occupants, without compromising on energy. The SageGlass system includes advanced tools to manage daylight, glare, thermal comfort and energy use at the same time.
- Control can be automated, with the option of manual overrides or fully manual operation.
In addition, SageGlass dynamic glazing is a revolutionary technology resulting from more than 25 years of innovative research. It is thus a good candidate for an Approved Innovation Credit under BREEAM.
Discover our performance in video:
Visualize the impact on the indoor environment with SageGlass throughout the year and compare with alternative solar control solutions.
Discover other contributing solutions:
See below how Floors by Gyproc can contribute to BREEAM new construction.
Glass Façade & Windows
See below how Glass Façade & Windows by Saint Gobain can contribute to BREEAM new construction.