See below how Design glass solution by Saint-Gobain can contribute to BREEAM criteria: Innovation.
Saint-Gobain Glass offers a complete range of high performance glazing solutions meeting the highest standards in terms of acoustic comfort, design and safety. In line with its green building drive, the Group is also working on developing innovative glazing solutions with a lower environmental footprint.
To support innovation within the construction industry through the recognition of sustainability related benefits which are not rewarded by standard BREEAM issues.
There are two ways to benefit from the Innovation credits: either by meeting the exemplary level of building performance defined for one or more of the BREEAM issues such as Hea 02 Indoor Air Quality or Wst 01 construction waste management. Or by using an “approved innovation”: any technology, method or process that can be shown to improve the sustainability performance of a building’s design, construction, operation, maintenance or demolition, and which is approved as innovative by BRE Global.
Learn more about Innovation
Saint-Gobain places innovation at the heart of its strategy and uses the most advanced technology to develop solutions that enhance building users’ comfort and well-being.
Here are a few examples from the last two years of how Saint-Gobain innovations improve comfort and sustainability in buildings:
- The MIRALITE PURE mirror combines an unparalleled level of quality with a unique environmental performance thanks to its waterbased protective paint and a composition with no added lead. This technical breakthrough makes for better working conditions, protects well-being and health, and delivers an almost undetectable volatile organic compound (VOC) rate.
- The CLIPIN SILENCE DOORS system on hinges and pivots guarantees optimal sound-proofing and provides amazing acoustic properties of up to 42 dB in partitions.
- With digital printing on glass, traditional glazed products can now incorporate the high quality printing of logos, signs, images and designs (PICTUREit, VIEWGLASS, My DecoPrint and CreaLite).
Saint-Gobain glazing can also be an asset in achieving BREEAM credits through its:
- Ergonomics strategy: to promote healthy, comfortable, and productive work by designing the workplace to accommodate its users. Through its transparency, glass, used as a partition, brings comfort, productivity and wellbeing to occupants.
- Environmentally preferable interior finishes and furnishings: as mirrors (MIRALITE REVOLUTION and MIRALITE PURE) or lacquered glass (PLANILAQUE EVOLUTION/DECOLAQUE), glass can be used in furniture and contributes to its environmental friendliness thanks to our ecoinnovation process, based on the Life Cycle Assessment of our products.
Also, to better meet architects’ needs, Saint-Gobain has launched the “Glass Pro” app, which stimulates a realistic image of different glazing products on the facades of a building. Going one step further, Saint-Gobain offers a new on demand service of facade rendering, enabling customers to visualize and compare all Saint-Gobain glazing products on high definition 3D synthesis images called “physico-realistic”.
CLIP-IN SILENCE DOORS
A removable sound-proof glass door system using the STADIP SILENCE acoustic laminated glass.
High durability lacquered glass with an opaque and tinted appearance, to bring color and ambiance to interiors.
High definition digital printing (designs, photographs, text, etc.) on all types of glass.
Discover other contributing solutions:
Glass Façade & Windows
See below how Glass Façade & Windows by Saint Gobain can contribute to BREEAM new construction.
See below how Floors by Gyproc can contribute to BREEAM new construction.